The colorful valley and Berber villages Trek - 2 days / 1 night
An easy and interesting overnight trek in a colorful and authentic Azzaden valley at the heart of the Berber Ait Ouazzaden tribe …
After breakfast at the hotel in Marrakechyou are met at 9am by our driver and head up towards the High Atlas Mountains passing via Tahnnaout, MlyBrahim gorges &Asni town before driving along Oued Ghighaya enjoying the views over the villages on the other side of the valley.
Arriving at Imlil valley (67km from Marrakech) you join your local guide at the drop off point just a twominute walk to Riad Jnane Imlil for a Berber mint tea on the panoramic roof terrace overlooking the Berber villages, Toubkal Mountain and the river. Then you get prepared and then start your hike and trek up TiziMzik pass (2485m) which offers a spectacular view over Imlil valley & Toubkal Summit (the highest peak in North Africa at 4167m) you continue to Tamsoulte to visit the highest waterfalls in the Atlas Mountains (100m of high)
before trekking down the Azzaden valley through a juniper forest to arrive finally to TiziOussem village.
Overnight at the Guest house in the village.
Day 2: Tizi Oussem (1850m) – Id Issa village (1800m) – Tizi Oudid (2000m) – Mattat.
After breakfast and enjoying the sunshine in this colorful valley and its marvelous typical Berber villages you leave TiziOussemand continue down to Id Issa village before heading up to TiziOudid mountain pass (2000m) andacross Matat village after a wild juniper forest to continue to the riverbed where you will have lunch under the walnut groves and relax near the river until the time of the pick up for the return transfer back to Marrakech.
- DURATION: .............2 days / 1 night (It would be possible to extend to 3 or 4 days)
- PERIOD:....................... All year
- GRADE:.................... Easy, family friendly.
- PICK UP DETAILS:.................Pick up at 8:30am (from your hotel in Marrakech)
- DROP OFF DETAILS:...................6-7pm at the hotel (2nd day)
- ACCOMMODATION:..................Berber house basic accommodation, private room sharing bathroom) you could also stay at Riad Jnane Imlil before or after the trek.
- FOOD & DRINKS:................Fresh Salade& Hot meals Moroccan tagines will be provided.
- English speaking local guide
- Meals during the trek.
- Bottled water
- Transfer from & to Marrakech with private car & safe driver.
- Muleteers & mules.
- Cook to prepare your meals.
- Accommodation on the hut ( dormitories no ensuite rooms).
- Travel Insurance
- Soft drinks.
- Good walking boots and socks
- Sleeping bag (3-4 season); plus thermal liner in winter
- Lightweight fleece and waterproof outers (summer)
- Layers, windproof jacket, hat, gloves (autumn-late spring)
- Thermal underwear (autumn through late spring)
- Walking stick (useful)
- Personal items e.g. towel, sunscreen, wipes, toilet tissues
- Small First Aid Kit including insect repellent, plasters, meds
- Small rubbish bag to carry out what you carry in.
- lighter e.g. burn toilet paper
- Day sack/backpack
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Torch/Flashlight and spare batteries e.g. head torch
- Penknife (useful)
- Trail snacks
- Zip-Up bags for camera etc.