Sahara desert tour and Ouzoude Waterfalls - 4 days
4 days desert tour from Marrakech to Erg Chebbi to break the journey each way and have time to see the sites along the route.The 4 and 5 days sahara Tour to the big dunes of Erg Chebbi and back to Marrakech are highly recommended simply because there are so many things to see and do besides camel trekking and a night stay in a deep Sahara desert camp. Arriving early to the hotel at the foot hills of Erg Chebbi dunes, enjoy a cup of tea, see some nomads living in caves, wander with a local guide in palmary or hike in Dades valley or Todra gorges, spend more time of sites.
Day 1: Marrakech - Ouarzazate - Dadès Gorges
Our journey starts from Marrakech to Dadès Gorges. We travel across the Tizi-n-Tichka Atlas pass (2260m), with far-reaching views across the mountains, to the traditional High Atlas Berber village of Telouet and take a guided tour of the Kasbah of El Glaoui, former War Lord and Pasha of Marrakech. We continue and visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou, a spectacular fortified village (ksour). We have our lunch at Ait Benhaddou or Ouarzazate and continue to Dadès Valley where we well spend the night in a riad/hotel.
Day 2: Dadès Gorges to Merzouga
After breakfast, we go from Dadès Gorges to the Sahara desert of Merzouga. Berber villages are scattered along the way. We’ll pass through Tinjdad, Jorf and Erfoud in which we’ll feel the beginning of the Saharan Oasis of Tafilalt and then continue to Merzouga. After relaxing for a time, we go for the camels that are waiting to take us on an adventure in the sand dunes. We will spend the night in an equipped camp with drums music in the middle of the Sahara, which is a great opportunity to take lovely pictures of the sunset and sunrise. When we arrive to the camp, we climb the high dunes to see the sunset and spend the night in nomad tents.
Day 3: Merzouga - Ouarzazate.
Wake up early to enjoy the sunrise from the top of the dunes, headback to the guesthouse for breakfast and then drive to Ouarzazate via the beautiful Draa valley and its bigest palmgroves in Morocco as well as Oasis and Kasbahs, pass via Alnif, Tazarine, Nkob and Agdez, arrive to Ouarzazate on the afternoon.
Day 4: Ouarzazate – Ouzoude waterfalls - Marrakech.
After breakfast, drive towards Demnate small city and old jewish city founded 40 years before Marrakech, visit Imi n'Ifri natural bridge and then continue to Ouzoude watefalls, lunch on site and then short visit of the falls before heading to Marrakech afterwards.
- DURATION: .............4 days /3 nights
- PERIOD: ..................All the year.
- PICK UP DETAILS:.................Pick up at 8am (from your hotel in Marrakech / Meeting point)
- DROP OFF DETAILS:.............6-7pm at the hotel / Meeting point (day 4)
- ACCOMMODATION: ............Riad Panorma / Riad Baylon / similar, Nomadic camp (Basic or luxury), Riad Jnane Imlil
- FOOD & DRINKS:..................Fresh Salade & Hot meals Moroccan tagines will be provided in the restaurants.
- English speaking driver guide.
- Comfortable & AC vehicle (Gaz included)
- 3 nights Accommodation (including 1 night at the nomadic camp, possible upgrade to the luxury camp)
- Camel ride in Merzouga dunes.
- All meals (3 Breakfasts, 3 Evening Meals, 4 lunches)
- Visit Fees