Atlas trek Imlil to Setti Fadma 3 days
Day 1: Marrakech - Imlil (1740 m) - The neck of Tizi N'Tamatert (2279 m) - Tacheddirt (2400 m)
After breakfast at your Hotel in Marrakech, pick up at 8am and transfer to the heart of the Atlas Mountains Imlil valley, welcome mint tea At the Riad Jnane Imlil where you meet the the team of guide, cook and the Porters (muleteers and their mules).briefing of our trek program , and Begin our hike up towards the Tizi n'Tamaterte pass (2279 m) through the barley fields and orchards of cherry trees, walnut trees and apple trees in Tamaterte village. At the pass, we will stop for lunch and enjoy the beautiful view of Imlil and Imnane valleys. afterwards we contunie our journy to Tacheddirt village the highest village in the atlas Mountains 2400m, easy walk along the big road to the Villages, stunning views over the Imnane river and villages, 5hrs walk,
Dinner and overnight at the Berber house
Day 2: Tacheddirt (2400 m) -Tizi n'Iabbassen (3172 m) - Timichi (2000 m)
Authentic breakfast at the rof terrace of the house at the village, enjoying the morning silence at the Berber village, departure at 9am destination Tizi N'Iabbassen pass (3172 m). from the pass, we enjoy amazing panoramic views of the surrounding peaks. such as, top of Bouignouane (3882m) and Jbel Aksoual (3842m). then the descent through a rocky passage in the direction of Iaabbassen village (2030m), the Timichi valley, an ancient multi-colored village surrounded by old nut trees.
Overnight at the traditional Berber family house. 6 hours of walking.
Day 3: Timichi (2000 m) - Setti Fadma - The Ourika Valley (1600 m) - Marrakech
Today is our last day in the Atlas Villages, we will visit the villages of Tiwrdiou and contunie our trek down to the Ourika Valley through the corn and nut fields, crossing village, Anfli, Tadrart, Chiker. arrival to Setti Fadma village where we will enjoy our Lunch by the river. Afternoon farewelling the Atlas team and transfer back to Marrakech 5hrs walk 1.3hrs drive.
TREKKING EQUIPMENTS LIST (required)
- DURATION: .......................3 days / 2 nights.
- PERIOD:............................ May to November
- GRADE:............................. Easy, family friendly.
- PICK UP DETAILS:.............Pick up at 8:00am (from your hotel in Marrakech / Meeting point)
- DROP OFF DETAILS:.........7-8pm at the hotel (day 3)
- ACCOMMODATION:.........Camp & Rural gites (Berber house).
- FOOD & DRINKS:...............Fresh Salade & Hot meals Moroccan tagines will be provided.
- English speaking local guide.
- Meals during the trek.
- Bottled water.
- Transfer from & to Marrakech/Agadir with private car & safe driver.
- Mule to carry your luggage (Backpack / duffel bags recommended, no suitcases, you could store it at our riad)
- Cook to prepare your meals.
- 2 nights accommodation (a mix of camping & Berber house experience)
- Soft drinks.
- Equipment hire.
TREKKING EQUIPMENTS LIST (required)
- Good walking boots and socks
- Sleeping bag (3-4 season); plus thermal liner in winter
- Lightweight fleece and waterproof outers (summer)
- Layers, windproof jacket, hat, gloves (autumn-late spring)
- Thermal underwear (autumn through late spring)
- Walking stick (useful)
- Personal items e.g. towel, sunscreen, wipes, toilet tissues
- Small First Aid Kit including insect repellent, plasters, meds
- Small rubbish bag to carry out what you carry in.
- lighter e.g. burn toilet paper
- Day sack/backpack
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Torch/Flashlight and spare batteries e.g. head torch
- Penknife (useful)
- Trail snacks
- Zip-Up bags for camera etc.