Trek the authentic berber valleys D'kent, Azzaden & Imlil - 5 days /6 nights
Day 1: Imlil valley (High Atlas Mountains (1775m)– Tizi Oussem village (1850m).
After breakfast, meet the guide & muleteers and then start the trek & climb Tizi Mzik pass (2684m), spectacular view over Imlil valley (1740m) & Toubkal Summit, continue to Tamsoulte to visit the highest waterfalls in the Atlas Mountains (100m of hight) 2300m of altitude, down the Azzaden valley through juniper forest to get to Tizi Oussem village (1850m).
Overnight at the Guest house in the village. 5hrs walking.
Day 2: Tizi Oussem – Tizi n’Tagdalt – D’kent (1870m).
After breakfast, trek up Tizi n’Tagdalt through a juniper forest, great views over Azzaden valley, once you reach the pass, easy walk down to Tizgui Berber village at the heart of Tekent valley.
Overnight at the Berber house. 5-6hrs walk.
Day 3: D’kent (1870m) – Tizi n’Takherkhourt (1995m) – Id Issa (1800m).
Leaving D’kent and head up to the mountain pass Tizi n’Takherkhourt and trek along the mule path crossing the walnut groves where you will have lunch, down to Azzaden valley from the other side, relatively easy trek to Tizian village and then cross the river to reach Id Issa village, visit the Berber family to learn more about the Berber culture & traditions.
Overnight at the Berber house.
Day 4: Id Issa (1800m) – Id Issa village (1800m) – Tizi Oudid (2000m) – Mattat.
After breakfast, enjoy the sunshine on this colorful valley & its marvelous typical Berber villages, leave Id Issa head up to Tizi Oudid mountain pass (2000m), cross matat village after a wild thurifer juniper forest, get lunch under walnut groves and relax near the river, walk up along the valley to Riad Jnane Imlil.
Day 5: Atlas Mountains – Marrakech.
After breakfast, Half day trek to Assaoul summit, lunch at the riad and then experience the Berber Hammam before the transfer back to Marrakech at the end of the day.
TREKKING EQUIPMENTS LIST (required)
- DURATION: .......................7 days / 6 nights.
- PERIOD:............................ All year
- GRADE:............................. Easy, family friendly.
- PICK UP DETAILS:.............Pick up at 8:00am (from your hotel in Marrakech / Agadir / Meeting point)
- DROP OFF DETAILS:.........7-8pm at the hotel (day 7)
- ACCOMMODATION:.........Camp & Rural gites (Berber house).
- FOOD & DRINKS:...............Fresh Salade & Hot meals Moroccan tagines will be provided.
- English speaking local guide.
- Meals during the trek.
- Bottled water.
- Transfer from & to Marrakech/Agadir with private car & safe driver.
- Mule to carry your luggage (Backpack / duffel bags recommended, no suitcases, you could store it at our riad)
- Cook to prepare your meals.
- 6 nights accommodation (a mix of camping & Berber house experience)
- Soft drinks.
- Equipment hire.
- Travel insurance.
TREKKING EQUIPMENTS LIST (required)
- Good walking boots and socks
- Sleeping bag (3-4 season); plus thermal liner in winter
- Lightweight fleece and waterproof outers (summer)
- Layers, windproof jacket, hat, gloves (autumn-late spring)
- Thermal underwear (autumn through late spring)
- Walking stick (useful)
- Personal items e.g. towel, sunscreen, wipes, toilet tissues
- Small First Aid Kit including insect repellent, plasters, meds
- Small rubbish bag to carry out what you carry in.
- lighter e.g. burn toilet paper
- Day sack/backpack
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Torch/Flashlight and spare batteries e.g. head torch
- Penknife (useful)
- Trail snacks
- Zip-Up bags for camera etc.