Ourika valley Atlas Mountains day trip
Go for a private Ourika Valley day trip in the High Atlas Mountains, a great day out from Marrakech to see the Berber villages, waterfalls and the rolling green valley.
The trip is suitable for adults and also children from 8 years old as there’s a steep walk to the waterfalls, so strong trainers would be required, the trip is private and allows you to travel and walk at your own pace and spend an unforgettable day trip in Berber country.
Pick up from Marrakech at 9am and drive towards SettiFadma the last village in Ourika valley which is a part of the High Atlas Mountains range, you will pass via several authentic Berber villages including TnineOurika, Lakhmiss, Tafza, Aghbalou. Stopping along the way to take picturesand enjoy the landscape. After a short break at one of the Berber houses at the Village with a drink of mint tea with friendly Berber family you continue to SettiFadma and thena short zigzagging walk to visit the waterfalls and to enjoytheir surrounding landscapes, you may also see Monkey on the top of the forest, there are several levels of waterfalls but your guide will advise the highest one possible for your pace. After the waterfalls you trek down to the town for lunch in one of the local restaurant near the river with Moroccan tagine & salad, if you have any food restrictions or require a vegetarian / vegan meal, please inform the guide / driver at the pick up time.
There are regular spots for photos & visits but you could also stop wherever you like, just inform your guide, there are some shopping spots that you will visit on the day, you can simply visit and continue your trip, there’s no push for buy unless if you would like to buy a souvenir.
After a late lunch (around 2-3pm), the driver will take you back to Marrakech.
- DURATION: .............1 day
- PERIOD:....................... All year
- GRADE:.................... Easy.
- PICK UP DETAILS:.................Pick up at 9am (from your hotel in Marrakech)
- DROP OFF DETAILS:...................5pm at the hotel.
- ACCOMMODATION:..................On request.
- FOOD & DRINKS:................Fresh Salade& Hot meals Moroccan tagines will be provided.
- English speaking local guide
- Lunch in a typical local restaurant.
- Bottled water.
- Transfer from & to Marrakech with private car & safe driver.
- Travel Insurance
- Soft drinks.