Fez to Marrakech via Sahara desert & Atlas Mountains - 4 days /3 nights
Day 1: Fes - Erfoud - Merzouga - Erg Chebbi. 467km
Early morning, pick up at 8am from your riad in Fez and start your sahara desert & Atlas mountains adventure, drive towards Midelt through the Middle Atlas Mountains and the cedar forests passing by Ifrane, a charming ski resort and Azrou, an important handicraft centre specialised in the work of cedar wood. We arrive in Midelt for lunch. in the afternoon we will drive to Erfoud and into the desert. Dinner and overnight in a hotel at the foothills of Erg chebbi sahara dunes.
Day 2: Merzouga - Erg Chebbi Dunes - tour around ( Erg chebbi desert)
After breakfast we head to Khamlia village to enjoy live Gnawa music, continue through an off-track road to have a tour of the sand dunes then stop to have tea with nomads in berber tents, you will discover a new sense of life from there and also enjoy a berber pizza for lunch. Back to the hotel to relax before starting your camel trip into the middle of the dunes in order to see the sunset, then after you will arrive at the camp and spend the night in a nomadic tent.
Day 3: Merzouga – Ouarzazate – Atlas Mountains.570km
Early wake up to climb the dune & see the beautiful sunrise. walk down the dune and ride the camels back to the town for breakfast, followed by a drive to Ouarzazate through Alnif, Tazzarine& the scenic Draa valley, cross Tizin’AitSaoun arrivingat Ouarzazatefor lunch and then drive to Aït Benhaddou kasbah, a 'fortified city', situated along the former caravan route between the Sahara and Marrakech.
It is situated on a hill along the Ouarzazate River and boasts some beautiful examples of kasbahs, some of which remain inhabited. Granted UNESCO World Heritage listing, the site had been the setting for many films including Lawrence of Arabia and Gladiator. Afterwards continue to the high Atlas mountains, Imlil valley the Feet of Mt Toubkal the highest in the north Africa.
Overnight at the Riad Jnane Imlil www.riadjnaneimlil.com
Day 4: Atlas Mountains – Marrakech.
After breakfast you enjoy a day trek through the Berber villages and waterfalls of Imlil valley with views of Mt Toubkal and Lunch near the river, afternoon transfer back to Marrakech.
- Duration: ................4 days /3 nights
- PERIOD: ..................All the year.
- PICK UP DETAILS:.................Pick up at 8am (from your hotel in Marrakech / Meeting point)
- DROP OFF DETAILS:.............6-7pm at the hotel / Meeting point (day 4)
- ACCOMMODATION: ............Riad Panorma / Riad Baylon / Riad Jnane Imlil or similar, Nomadic camp (Basic or luxury), Riad Jnane Imlil
- FOOD & DRINKS:..................Fresh Salade & Hot meals Moroccan tagines will be provided in the restaurants.
- English speaking driver guide.
- Comfortable & AC vehicle (Gaz included)
- 3 nights Accommodation (including 1 night at the nomadic camp, possible upgrade to the luxury camp)
- Camel ride in Merzouga dunes.
- Hike in the Atlas Mountains
- All meals (3 Breakfasts, 3 Evening Meals, 4 lunches)
- Travel Insurance
- Visit Fees