Colorful valleys Trek - 3 days
Day 1: Marrakech – Imi Oughlad (1350m) – Tizi n’Tacht (2000m) – Azzaden Valley (Id Aissa 1800m).
After breakfast at the hotel in Marrakech, pick up at 9am and drive towards the High Atlas Mountains via Tahnaout & Asni, upon arrival to Imi Oughlad, the starting point of your trek, meet the staff (A local guide & Cook / Muleteer), have optional mint tea and then start the trek up to Tizi n’Tacht (2000m) Mountain pass, stunning views over Imi Oughlad village & Oukaimeden ski resort, lunch on site and then walk down through a juniper forest to get to the authentic Azzaden Valley, a gentle traverse & stunning view over the valley with its original Berber villages, continue our walk until Id Issa village (1800m) Overnight at the Berber house. 5/6hrs walking.
Day 2: Ait Aissa (1800m) – Tizi n Mzik (2485m)– Imlil valley (1775m).
Enjoying a scenic view of the valley with its walnut groves surrounded by water stream along to Tamsoulte shelter, gentle & easy hike through Tizi Oussem & juniper forest up to the end of the valley to visit the highest waterfall in the High Atlas Mountains Aghorghiz waterfalls, afterwards, head back on the path a little to join Tizi Mzik (2489m) pass which will lead us to Imlil valley, admire the stunning view over Ait Mizane valley, down to Imlil village.Overnight at www.riadjnaneimlil.com. 5/6hrs walking.
Day 3: Imlil – Tizi n’Tamaterte (2279m) – Tinghrine (1800m) – Tizi n’Ougerssioual (1900m) – Agerssioual (1680m)
After breakfast, trek down up Tizi n’Tamaterte, enjoy the panorama of Toubkal summit and Imlil valley as well as other peaks around, trek down to Tinghrin village, walk down along the vally till Ikkiss village where you will have lunch and then short walk up to Tizi n’Ougerssioual, beautiful view over Matat valley, donw again to the end of the trek.Transfer back to Marrakech at the end of the day.
Alternative (day 3):
Instead of a long hike (6-7hrs walk) it would be possible to go through the valley for up to 4hrs trek.
TREKKING EQUIPMENTS LIST (required)
- DURATION: .......................3 days / 2 nights.
- PERIOD:............................ All year
- GRADE:............................. Easy, family friendly.
- PICK UP DETAILS:.............Pick up at 8:30am (from your hotel in Marrakech / Meeting point)
- DROP OFF DETAILS:.........6-7pm at the hotel (day 3)
- ACCOMMODATION:.........1 night at Berber house basic accommodation, private room sharing bathroom) +1 night at Riad Jnane Imlil.
- FOOD & DRINKS:...............Fresh Salade& Hot meals Moroccan tagines will be provided.
- English speaking local guide.
- Meals during the trek.
- Bottled water.
- Transfer from & to Marrakech with private car & safe driver.
- Mule to carry your luggage (Backpack / duffle bags recommended, no suitcases, you could store it at our riad)
- Cook to prepare your meals.
- 1 night at the Berber house (private room, shared WC & shower).
- 1 night at the Riad Jnane Imlil (room with balcony and views).
- Soft drinks.
- Equipments hire.
- Travel insurance.
TREKKING EQUIPMENTS LIST (required)
- Good walking boots and socks
- Sleeping bag (3-4 season); plus thermal liner in winter
- Lightweight fleece and waterproof outers (summer)
- Layers, windproof jacket, hat, gloves (autumn-late spring)
- Thermal underwear (autumn through late spring)
- Walking stick (useful)
- Personal items e.g. towel, sunscreen, wipes, toilet tissues
- Small First Aid Kit including insect repellent, plasters, meds
- Small rubbish bag to carry out what you carry in.
- lighter e.g. burn toilet paper
- Day sack/backpack
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Torch/Flashlight and spare batteries e.g. head torch
- Penknife (useful)
- Trail snacks
- Zip-Up bags for camera etc.