Sahara Desert tour & Atlas Mountains trek
Day 5: Imlil – Toubkal Refuge.
After breakfast, start the walk with your guide through the Berber villages following a mule path which will take you to the mountain hut via the shrine Sidi Chamharouch (2500m) where you will have your picnic lunch already prepared by our outdoor cook, after lunch & a short break, continue towards Toubkal Hut (3200m), as the mules walks faster, the muleteers & cook, will pass over & will be waiting for you at the Hut or camp with a welcoming & tasty mint tea upon arrival while you will enjoying the scenic Mountain surrounded the based camp.
The hot shower is available to clean up and refresh yourselves for the next day adventure. Overnight at the Hut (domitory with bunk beds not ensuite room, private room with bathroom available with extra). 5-6hrs walk
Option: the night could be spent on the tent but in summer time.
Day 6: Toubkal refuge (3200m) – Toubkal Summit (4167m) – Imlil (1775m).
Wake up early to avoid the sunny path, breakfast around 5.00am and start the ascent climb at 5.30am, each one of you may need to pack his own pack-lunch, nuts & oranges, following up the zigzagging path for about 3h/4h walking up the hill until Tizi n’Toubkal (4000m) where you will have the 1st look of the summit, walk up through the Mountains ridge to reach the plateau where the highest point is, unique views over the whole Atlas Mountains peaks, valleys & Berber villages, take photos and pack lunch on the top, after a break of 45min on the summit, Trek down to the hut, a diversify lunch will be ready for you there. After lunch you walk down hill towards Imlil by the same route. Overnight at Riad Jnane Imlil 8-9hrs walk
Day 7 : Marrakech – Sightseeing.
Breakfast at 7.30am and transfer to Marrakech afterwards, upon arrival, guided visit of the most remarkable historical sites of Marrakech Medina including “Badi Palace, Bahia Palace, Saadien Tombs, Mederssa Benyoussef, Majorelle Gardens”….Free time in the afternoon to relax and stroll in the medina. Overnight at the riad.
Day 8: Marrakech – Home.
Transfer to the airport for the return flight.
- Duration: ................8 days /7 nights
- GRADE:....................Medium in summer and difficult in winter.
- PERIOD: ..................All the year.
- PICK UP DETAILS:.................Pick up at 8am (from Marrakech airport).
- DROP OFF DETAILS:.............5-6pm Marrakech airport / hotel.
- ACCOMMODATION: ............Riad Panorma / Riad Baylon / similar, Nomadic camp (Basic or luxury), Riad Jnane Imlil, Toubkal hut (sharing dorm with bunk beds)
- FOOD & DRINKS:..................Fresh Salade & Hot meals Moroccan tagines will be provided in the restaurants.
- English speaking driver guide.
- English speaking Mountain guide for the hike.
- Comfortable & AC vehicle (Gaz included)
- 7 nights Accommodation (including 1 night at the nomadic camp, possible upgrade to the luxury camp)
- Camel ride in Merzouga dunes.
- Toubkal summit Ascent.
- All meals (7 Breakfasts, 7 Evening Meals, 6 lunches)
- Travel Insurance
- Visit Fees